Contributing to popularizing a culture of ecological awareness and living among the general public by producing and distributing publications in various forms, based on the outcomes of research, education and exhibition projects of the National Institute of Ecology (NIE)
Developing ecological knowledge and information content tailored to each age group so as to ensure that the public as a whole is well informed of ecological issues.
Planning, developing and producing ecological knowledge and information content tailored to the public
Diversifying publications in various forms and kinds that can cater to the needs of difference audiences—e.g. infants, elementary, middle and high school students, the general public and experts—, ranging from storybooks, hands-on learning aids, hobby-related and how-to books and research publications to app books, ok books, electronic textbooks and other electronic publications combined with new media technologies
- Infants : Developing experience- and play-based educational books, learning aids, etc. with ecology-related themes to foster early awareness of the importance of ecosystems and nurture talented individuals in the field of ecology
- Elementary school students : Developing and distributing educational storybooks (children’s stories with ecological information) and government-approved textbooks on ecology using ecological information
- Middle and high school students : Developing educational materials and books on ecological information (including electronic books) that are tailored to each level and reflect current issues in education—e.g. the free semester system and consolidation of vocational education
- The general public : Developing an Eco Guide series with ecology-related titles, books linked with exhibitions held at the NIE and other general educational/informational books with public appeal as well as how-to books on ecological gardening and ecological interpretation, etc.
- Experts : Publishing specialized books on ecology based on in-house research findings and expert materials gathered from domestic and international sources so as to promote the development of ecology and ecological studies